As a night routine, all of us love to do do CTM for our skin. But what about Eyes??
People are pretty aware of using a eye cream or serum for making their puffy eye look better. But what about Eye Lashes and Eye brows, should’nt they be taken care of too. So here is a simple serum that you can use every night to treat your Eye lashes and Eye brows. Trust me in 2 months time you will notice a change in their length.
This serum is made up of only one ingredient i.e Castor Oil. Castor Oil is high in ricinoleic acid, an acid which is very effectively known for its anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. It is deeply penetrating and nourishing as a result of which it reaches the hair follicles and helps in hair growth. So ideally it can be used for your scalp too. But since this oil is too thick in consistency you might want to mix this oil with a lighter oil like olive or coconut for applying it to your hair.
- Cold-pressed castor oil
- Clean mascara bottle or Clean bottle with disposable mascara wands
- Or Bottle and Q-tips
Before you start you should clean you face and eye area completely. Take a clean mascara wand and dip it in the castor oil, remove any excess oil from the wand. Apply the oil by starting from the inner corner of the wand. Application of the oil should be done from root to tip completely. If you still feel there is any extra oil on the lashes, remove it using a Q-tip and apply less oil the next time. Similarly repeat this exercise with the eye brow. Now you can go off to sleep.
Where to Buy Castor Oil from?
Your castor oil should be cold-pressed and hexane free. You can buy the following brands for castor oil in India: Soulflower & Aloe Veda Distil
Let me know your experience and feedback. Love Loads! Shrads!
I know you have been reading a lot about Oil Cleansing Methods & by now must have seen like 100s of Pins on pinterest about this. So let me help you demystify OCM for Indian Skin.
OCM is very effective for Indian Skin Too, however I personally prefer it doing in the night as my night care routine so that I don’t have to go in pollution even if some traces of oil are left on my skin. Plus I always prefer using a clean pillow cover every time I sleep.
It contains majorly three ingredients
- Base Oil: Your Base oil have-to have-to be Castor Oil. It is the most cleansing & highly antibacterial oil which is suitable for all skin types.
- Nourishing Oil (The second oil which you can use can completely depend on your skin type. these some of them you can try. please note if you are pregnant you might want to see which is the most suitable one for you.)
- All Skin Types: Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Grapeseed, Sunflower, Tamanu
- Oily Skin: Grapeseed, Jojoba, Hazelnut, Rice Bran
- Dry Skin: Avacado, Apricot, Seasame, Wheat Germ,
- Normal Skin: Apricot, Avacado, Sunflower, Camellia
- Aging: Argan, Rosehip, Carrot, Emu
- Healing Essential Oil (these are optional & also depends on your skin type)
- Oily Skin: Tea Tree, Lavender, Germanium, Rosewood, Neem
- Dry Skin: Germanium, Lavender, Sandalwood
Don’t use Olive or Coconut Oil, because I have read maximum complaints about these ones only.
Preparation, Application & Instructions
The ratio in which the above oil needs to be mixed are:
- Oily Skin: 2/3 Castor Oil + 1/3 Carrier Oil +2-3 drops of Essential Oil
- Dry Skin: 1/3 Castor Oil + 2/3 Carrier Oil +2-3 drops of Essential Oil
- Normal Skin: 1/2 Castor Oil + 1/2 Carrier Oil +2-3 drops of Essential Oil
Once mixed together, Apply the same on your face, you dont need to clean dirt or makeup from face, but I prefer to clean the same with gramflour (besan) before applying it. Then gently massage the oil in circular motions all over the face for 2 mins. Let the oil sit on your face for 2 mins. Take a washcloth & dip the same in hot water for 10-15 sec. Squeeze the water out & then wipe your face with the same. Repeat cleaning 2-3 times.
Where to buy Ingredients?
In India You can buy all of them from either Kama, Forest Essential, Soulflower ,or Health 1st