I know you have been reading a lot about Oil Cleansing Methods & by now must have seen like 100s of Pins on pinterest about this. So let me help you demystify OCM for Indian Skin.
OCM is very effective for Indian Skin Too, however I personally prefer it doing in the night as my night care routine so that I don’t have to go in pollution even if some traces of oil are left on my skin. Plus I always prefer using a clean pillow cover every time I sleep.
It contains majorly three ingredients
- Base Oil: Your Base oil have-to have-to be Castor Oil. It is the most cleansing & highly antibacterial oil which is suitable for all skin types.
- Nourishing Oil (The second oil which you can use can completely depend on your skin type. these some of them you can try. please note if you are pregnant you might want to see which is the most suitable one for you.)
- All Skin Types: Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Grapeseed, Sunflower, Tamanu
- Oily Skin: Grapeseed, Jojoba, Hazelnut, Rice Bran
- Dry Skin: Avacado, Apricot, Seasame, Wheat Germ,
- Normal Skin: Apricot, Avacado, Sunflower, Camellia
- Aging: Argan, Rosehip, Carrot, Emu
- Healing Essential Oil (these are optional & also depends on your skin type)
- Oily Skin: Tea Tree, Lavender, Germanium, Rosewood, Neem
- Dry Skin: Germanium, Lavender, Sandalwood
Don’t use Olive or Coconut Oil, because I have read maximum complaints about these ones only.
Preparation, Application & Instructions
The ratio in which the above oil needs to be mixed are:
- Oily Skin: 2/3 Castor Oil + 1/3 Carrier Oil +2-3 drops of Essential Oil
- Dry Skin: 1/3 Castor Oil + 2/3 Carrier Oil +2-3 drops of Essential Oil
- Normal Skin: 1/2 Castor Oil + 1/2 Carrier Oil +2-3 drops of Essential Oil
Once mixed together, Apply the same on your face, you dont need to clean dirt or makeup from face, but I prefer to clean the same with gramflour (besan) before applying it. Then gently massage the oil in circular motions all over the face for 2 mins. Let the oil sit on your face for 2 mins. Take a washcloth & dip the same in hot water for 10-15 sec. Squeeze the water out & then wipe your face with the same. Repeat cleaning 2-3 times.
Where to buy Ingredients?