Make Castile Liquid Soap from a soap bar
After doing day and night research on where to buy castile liquid soap in India from, I got nothing except from various people stating that its not available in India. But since I was determined and desperate , I figured out my ways… I found some one on facebook who makes homemade natural soaps and fortunately she makes unscented castile soap bars too.
Now began the search of making liquid castile soap from soap bars; and here is the exact procedure.
- 4 oz / 125 gms of castile soap bar
- 8 cups / 2 ltrs of filtered or distilled water
- 1 tbsp / 15ml of vegetable glycerin (optional)
- Take a large container and set your water to boil in it
- Grate your soap bar by hand or food processor
- Add the grated soap into the boiling water and let it boil for 15 more mins. Don’t cover the lid of the container.
- Stir the liquid in between for 5-6 times. You will find the soap dissolved into the liquid making it a lil soapy though not thick. Don’t worry it will happen
- Add glycerin now
- Allow the mixture to cool for 24 hrs, it will settle and thicken once it cools
- Now blend/beat the entire mixture with a electronic blender. It will become frothy and slimy. dont worry you are going in the right direction.
- Dependent on the outcome of the product you can add a lil water in case it is too thick
- Store the product in large containers
- Now take small quantities in different bottles and add essential oils of your choice. For babies prefer not to add any.
WHERE TO BUY THE INGREDIENTS FROM
- Castile soap bars: You can buy them from people who make natural soap bars or write back to me, and I will help you on the same. A lil expensive alternate in India can be to buy Dr Bronners Castile Soap from Snapdeal.com though they are selling it at sky rocketing prices. For eg 5 oz soap bar will cost you Rs 962 from which you can make 1500 ml of liquid castile soap. Buying 1500 ml of Dr Bronner’s liquid castile in US will cost you Rs 1500 approx. So that would not be a bad deal at all. On the other hand if you get local castile soap bar it will cost you only Rs 200 max for 1500 ml of liquid castile soap. So the choice is yours!
- Vegetable Glycerin: you should find a non-GMO, USP grade, kosher certified, allergen free vegetable glycerin. Read more about it here.
Let it know your feedback below. would love to hear from you.
Love loads! Shrads ! XOXO!