How to make home made Aloe Vera Gel
Despite of the fact the aloe vera gel grows in our backyard, we still keep looking for buying natural and organic brand from the market shelf. Despite of the fact we know that there will be chemical mixed in the same to preserve it. But still we are ready to spent Rs 500 but not spent 5 mins to make the most natural aloe gel.
As we all know that aloe vera gel is great for skin as it is immensely moisturizing, anti inflammatory, anti aging and very hydrating. So before we go to the recipe lets have a look at how can we use aloe vera gel.
- Can be used as a moisturizer for those who prefer gel based moisturizer
- It can be used as a sunburn relief post your adventure or long stroll outside.
- To be used right after wax to ensure you don’t get boils
- To be used as a healing cream for your stretch marks
- It can replace your hair gels and can also treat your hair from dandruff, hair loss and psoriasis etc
Now lets see how can we make Natural Aloe vera Gel.
- 1/4 cup Plant aloe vera gel i.e. 32 gms or 1.13 oz
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1/8 tsp Vitamin C powder
- 1/4 tsp Vitamin E oil
- 8 drops Tea tree or Lavender essential oil (optional)
- 0.5 gm xanthum gum
- 1 tbsp = 3tsp = 1/16 cup = 0.5 oz = 14.79 ml
- 4 oz = 113.4 gms = 1/4 pounds(lbs) = 0.114 kg
- 1 cup = 128 gms = 4.5 oz
- Cut the aloe leaf plant from the bottom & clean the plant leaf under cold running water to remove all dirt
- Place it at an angle of 45 degrees over a container for an hour, so that all the yellow slimy sap (aolin) drops off. You can also boil the leaves in distilled/filtered water to convert all the toxins and the laxatives in the sap into natural salicylic acid, making the extract safe for use.
- Trim the skin from one side and split it into 2 sections. Now scoop off the gel
- Place all the other ingredients along with the gel in a blender except for xanthum gum
- After blending the same, pour it into a clear glass jar and mix xanthum gum to thicken your gel depending on how you thick like it.
- Any oil used should be pure and cold pressed
- Vit E should be D-alpha tocopherol. So brands that you can use are Health Aid Vitamin E 400iu (d-alpha Tocopherol), Nature’s Bounty E400Pure d-Alpha.
- You should always use 100% whole food based Vitamin C powder. Some brands that you can look at are: Radiant Life, Nature’s Way, alive Vitamin C, Healthforce Natural Vitamin C Powder
- Xanthum Gum or Guar Gum, you can buy easily from any near by high end confectionary store. Or else you can buy it from Gourmet India, Zansaar, Healthyworld.in
Don’t forget to write back guys, on how did your home made aloe gel came out to be.
Love Loads! Shrads!