Home Made Rosemary Sugar Scrub
This summer I was traveling to Kolkata to visit my friends and family and decided to make some DIY skin care product for them. This was supposed to be my first sample batch to be given to them for trial and hence there was immense pressure sub consciously to make it perfect.
So I started researching on a perfect recipe on face scrubs which includes honey & shea butter along with the oil to make it really nourishing. But to my surprise each one of them didnt gave me a proportion which could be used exactly the way it is to give me the desired granulated consistency required to make a scrub which looks like it is professionally done. And hence I started experimenting with different portion of honey, oil & butter.
After a lot of mix and match, below is the perfect recipe which came out to be skin perfect (a coined termed to match something like picture perfect :P). And I stored it in sample containers to hand it over to my friends.
- 1 tbsp Granulated Sugar (Tate & Lyle buy it here)
- 1-2 drops of raw honey
- 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Shea butter
- 3 drop of Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 3 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil
- Dried rosemary herb
- Place sugar in a mixing bowl
- Add Olive oil & honey to it
- Warm Shea butter in microwave and add it to the sugar
- Add rosemary herbs to the bowl
- Now mix all the ingredients
- Finally ad essential oil and mix once again, Voila the scrub is ready
WHERE TO GET THE INGREDIENTS FROM?
- Oils & Essential oils can be sourced from various vendors in India. Read my previous blog on Base oils to know more.
- Raw honey should be unfiltered and organic. I used Conscious Food organic honey.
- Rosemary herbs can be sourced from local grocery store too. I bought this from Nutramine.in
- Shea butter can be bought from Green junction.
Would love to hear from you once to try this at home.
Love Loads ! Shrads!