DIY Rose nourishing Lip Balm
After making the Rosemary Lip cum face Scrub for my lovely cousins, I was asked to make a batch of lip balm which is highly nourishing and moisturizing to those luscious lips of ours. So I browsed through a lot of recipes of net for various flavors and types. I also went through the ingredient list of a few commercial lip balms like Burts & Bee’s, Forrest Essential etc to see what all they have.
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Butter
- 2 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp Beeswax
- Dried Rose Petal
- Rose Petal powder
- 15 drops of Rose Absolute Essential Oil
- 2-3 drops of vitamin E Oil (optional)
- Melt Beeswax in a double pot boiler or microwave
- Add Melted cocoa butter to it.
- Now add Sunflower & Olive oil
- Add rose petals and lil rose petal powder for added decoration
- Now let it cool for 2-3 minutes, now add vitamin E oil and Essential oils
- Pour the product in small containers
- Let them solidify at room temperature
Here’s your own home made Lip balm is ready to use.
Where to get the ingredients from?
- For Oils please check out my previous blog All about carrier Oils.
- Cocoa butter from Moksha Lifestyle
- Beeswax from Green Junction
- Rose petals from any flowerist
Let me know how did your lip balm came out to be. You can also add food colour in case you want some.
Love loads!! XOXO!