Diy Natural lip balm Recipes
These ones are pretty simple to make & really nourishing to be used. Pick the one you like the most!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons raw & unfiltered beeswax
- 1 tbsp cold pressed organic sweet almond oil
- 1 teaspoon raw & organic honey
- 4 Vitamin E capsules
- 10 drops lime essential oil
- A little organic turmeric or saffron can be added to give this a yellow tint
Melt & mix together beeswax, almond oil and honey. Stir in Vitamin E and essential oil. Pour carefully into a tiny lip balm pot. Let cool and top with lid. Makes one small pot. If you want it to be more liquidy then add less of beeswax & more of oil.
- 30 ml cup Coconut Oil
- 60 ml cup Beeswax
- 30 ml Shea Butter
- 1 tsp Coconut or Vanilla Extract
- 60 ml Rose Petals or any other flower/herb
- 1 tsp cold pressed Sweet Almond Oil
- A lil beetroot in case you want a pink color
Melt & mix together beeswax, coconut oil, Shea butter & almond oil. Stir in Vanilla extract & add rose petals to it. Pour into the lip balm jar.
MINT CHOCOLATE LIP BALM
- 2 tsp of beeswax
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure almond oil
- 1 tsp cocoa butter/Shea butter
- 3-4 drops pure vitamin E oil
- 1-2 drops pure peppermint extract or essential oil
- 3-4 semisweet chocolate chips
Mix the oils & beeswax in a double boiler pot along with Shea butter. Add the chocolate chip to stir till it melts. NOw add few drop of vitamin E oil & peppermint oil. Por it in a lip balm Jar.
WHERE TO BUY INGREDIENTS IN INDIA
- Pure Essential & Cold pressed Carrier oils can be bought from ecoplanet.in, soulflower.biz, Kama Ayurveda or Forest Essential
- The best brands for Vitamin E are Health Aid Vitamin E 400iu (d-alpha Tocopherol), Nature’s Bounty E400Pure d-Alpha.
- For raw & unrefined beeswax please leave a comment below, coz its not available at retail level in India
- Shea butter: Shea butter is a yellowish colored natural fat extracted from African Shea tree seeds. It is considered to be a supreme natural moisture with great healing properties. Commercially She butter is divided into 5 grades: Grade A: Raw and unrefined extracted using water is considered to be the most natural form. Grade B: refined, Grade C – highly refined and is extracted using hexane solvents, Grade D – Lowest uncontaminated, Grade E- contains contaminations. So we should prefer buying Grade A butter. You can find Shea butter & Cocoa Butter in India from booyah.com, bodypixels.com. But honestly this is too expensive, if you have some one coming from US ask them to order online and get it for you.
Let me know your favorite version of lip balm. Love loads! Shrads ! XOXO!!