Hey CTM Lovers!!
So I have already shown you how to cleanse with DIY Tea Face wash or OCM method, you can tone your skin with witch hazel or use a diy recipe which I will come up soon with. I have also shared a recipe on diy vitamin C serum which can be used as a step between your toner & moisturizer. Now its the turn to make your own moisturizer. This is a recipe I read online on mountainherbs.com and have tweaked a lil to suit combination skin type.
Any moisturizer should contain majorly oils, butters and beeswax. Any other addition can be made to it depending on the fragrance and specific treatment you are looking for. I added a lil Vitamin C powder to treat my dull complexion.
Ingredients (1cup=236.5ml, 1tsp=4.93ml). In Case you want to make it in a small batch for personal use only then the below volume mentioned on the right is perfect.
- ¼ cup organic Olive Oil (or Calendula Herbal Oil) – 10 ml for small batch
- ¼ cup organic Sesame Oil – 10 ml for small batch
- ¼ cup organic Grapeseed Oil – 10 ml for small batch
- 1/16 cup organic Coconut Oil – 2.5 ml for small batch
- 1/16 cup Beeswax pastilles – 2.5ml for small batch
- 1 cup organic Hydrosol of your choice – 40 ml for small batch
- ½ cup organic Aloe Vera Gel – 20 ml for small batch
- ¼ tsp Vitamin E Oil – 1.23 ml for small batch
- 8-15 drops of essential oil (lavender, rose, orange, chamomile, or sandalwood are all good choices) – 2 drops each
- Blend the oils together in a stainless steel pan. Place the pan on low heat, just enough to warm the content throughly.
- In another container/pan, melt the beeswax (Raw and filtered) to liquefy.
- In the third container, blend the hydrosol ( of your choice, I am using rose hydrosol) with aloe vera gel (Read how to make one of your own here).
- Place a double boiler on low heat and pre warm the same.
- Have your glass jars to store the cream ready.
- Pour ½ (3¼ oz) (in case you are making a larger batch) else take all of your warmed oil from the first container and pour it in the pre-warmed double boiler, set in hot water. Add 2.5 ml of the melted raw and organic beeswax to it. please note that the mixture of oil and wax should be in liquid state. The water in the double boiler is not hot enough in case the wax begins to harden.
- Now blend 40 ml of the rose hydrosol and aloe vera gel with 1.5 -2 ml of vitamin E oil along with 2 drops each of pepper mint and lavender essential oil.
- While the blender is on pour the oil and wax combination very slowly into the center of the mixture. It is very important that you pour in a very thin and slow stream of oil and wax. The “cream” will initially look odd but it will gradually emulsify and thicken. Turn off the blender as the sound changes while the cream thickens up.
- Re mix the ingredients with a spatula and then re-blend it once again finally.
- Fill the cream in a jar and refrigerate it for 2 to 3 hours.
Where to Buy the ingredients From?
- All the oils in India can be bought from Kama, Forest Essentials or Soulflower.biz
- Aloe vera can be easily found in your backyard
- Rose hydrosol / Rose Water can be easily created in house or bought from near by store
- For Beeswax leave a comment below and I will dispatch the same to you
- Vitamin E the best brands are Health Aid Vitamin E 400iu (d-alpha Tocopherol), Nature’s Bounty E400Pure d-Alpha.
So let me know what was your experience while making this and how did it treat your skin.
Love Loads! Shrads !XOXO